Here was an idea for a business, right in their own backyard, and today with great passion and determination, they’ve grown that into a highly successful local business. It is said there are some who cannot eat their meal without Franklin Road Preserves.
Having made pickles for our family and friends for several years, they encouraged us to sell the pickles rather than give them away, thus Franklin Road Preserves was launched in 2013. I have spent several years in the bio organics industry and have great passion for recycling organic matter wherever possible. All the fresh produce used in our preserves is home grown using organic methods
The all-time favourites are Eggplant Churney (Kasundi), Bread & Butter Cucumbers, Nan’s Apple Sauce and Roast Tomato Sauce. The bread and butter cucumber recipe was handed down from Richard’s maternal grandmother who was a keen gardener with whom Richard spent many happy hours in her veggie garden as a boy.
Product is available from:
- Canberra Farmers Market 1st Saturday of the month
- Old Bus Depot Market 1st Sunday of the month
- Orange Markets 2nd Saturday and 4th Sunday of the month
- Dubbo Farmers Market 3rd Saturday of the month
- Blayney Farmers Market 3rd Sunday of the month
- Forbes Farmers Market 4th Saturday monthly
- Plus most specialty food stores in Orange and the Orange Visitor Information Centre.
Find out more about Franklin Road Preserves.